Search our Help Centre
Example: How do I setup my email account
Email this articleClose
How do I get the ‘Authorisation Code’ for my domain?
Email Setup Guides
These easy to follow guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to setup and troubleshoot your email program, with personalised screenshots providing visual examples to follow. Should you get stuck along the way, our support team are on hand to assist you.View guides
Do you have a suggestion on how we can make our service or product offering even better? Let us know by completing our simple Suggestion Box form.View form
Our award winning proprietary control panel empowers customers to manage their hosting environment.Take the tour
If you want to transfer your domain name away from Hetzner and require it’s Authorisation Code, you would need to complete Hetzner’s termination procedure. The termination procedure is available via konsoleH at Admin Level login.
Terminating .com, .net, .info, .org, .biz domain names via konsoleH:
- Browse to konsoleH (http://myaccount.hetzner.co.za)
- Login with your Customer number or email address and Management password
- Select or search for a domain name in the ‘Hosting Services’ tab
- Select ‘Manage Services’
- Select ‘Terminate Package’ and click next
- Select ‘Terminate hosting and transfer domain’ from the dropdown box
- The Authorisation Code will be emailed to the profile owner of the domain; this code will be essential at a later stage to accept the transfer request
- The domain will be unlocked with the registrar which will allow the transfer to progress
- Select a reason for terminating your account from the dropdown list
- If ‘Other’ is selected, please provide your reasons before proceeding to the next screen
- A confirmation screen verifies that your hosting account has been scheduled to transfer away from Hetzner’s servers within 30 days and the email address to where the Authorisation Code has been sent
- Ensure that you have a copy of your website content and email as it will be deleted from our servers 30 days after Hetzner has received your termination request
- Hetzner remains committed to providing superior service levels. Providing Hetzner with your reason(s) for terminating a package will assist us in improving our service. We would greatly appreciate your feedback.
- I'm trying to transfer my domain away from Hetzner. Why was my transfer request denied?
- How do I transfer the Thawte certificate associated with my domain to a new host?
- How do I terminate my hosting package but keep my domain name registered with Hetzner?
- How do I terminate my hosting package and transfer my domain name away from Hetzner?
- How do I terminate my hosting package and domain with Hetzner?
- How do I get the 'Authorisation Code' for my domain?
Was this information helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback
We are delighted to find that our article resolved your query.
Thank you for your feedback
We will resolve your query as soon as possible.
Please take a few moments to comment on your unresolved query. Simply tell us what your problem is. We guarantee that we'll get back to you within two hours (during office hours) in response to your query.