Search our Help Centre
Example: How do I setup my email account
Email this articleClose
Email Setup Guides
These easy to follow guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to setup and troubleshoot your email program, with personalised screenshots providing visual examples to follow. Should you get stuck along the way, our support team are on hand to assist you.View guides
Do you have a suggestion on how we can make our service or product offering even better? Let us know by completing our simple Suggestion Box form.View form
Our award winning proprietary control panel empowers customers to manage their hosting environment.Take the tour
Who is the ‘Authorised Contact’ for my web hosting account?
For each Hetzner profile, the name and contact details listed under the Profile Owner created at signup is known as the Authorised Contact. It is this person that is recognised by Hetzner and authorised to make changes to the hosting account.
When addressing certain requests to Hetzner e.g. upgrading your account or requesting a profile transfer, our consultants will ask you to send the request via email using the authoritative email address. This is the email address that appears in your konsoleH control panel under ‘Account Profile / Key Account Holder’ with your Account number included.
These security checks are crucial as they prevent any unauthorised changes made to your account by people posing as you.
It is therefore critically important that you update your contact details with Hetzner so that we have the latest information under the ‘Authorised Contact’ in our database in order to assist you promptly.
You can update your contact details via konsoleH. Simply click on the ‘Account Admin’ tab (top right) and select ‘Account Profile’. The ‘Key Account Holder’ details refer to the Authorised contact. You will also need to update the information under the ‘Update Contacts’ tab, providing updated details for your billing and technical contacts.
These security measures are in place to protect your online assets.
- Why have I not received payment reminders via SMS or email?
- Who is the 'Authorised Contact' for my web hosting account?
- Where can I access a history of all my Hetzner invoices (statement overview)?
- What privileges do contacts have?
- What is the difference between my FTP and Management passwords and how do I reset these?
- What is my Client / Customer number and Management password?
- May I give more individuals access rights to my Hetzner hosting account?
- I have misplaced my konsoleH login details. What should I do?
- How do I update my account and contact information?
- How do I merge multiple Hetzner profiles?
Was this information helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback
We are delighted to find that our article resolved your query.
Thank you for your feedback
We will resolve your query as soon as possible.
Please take a few moments to comment on your unresolved query. Simply tell us what your problem is. We guarantee that we'll get back to you within two hours (during office hours) in response to your query.