Search our Help Centre
Example: How do I setup my email account
Email this articleClose
How do I restore a backup of my site content / database?
Email Setup Guides
These easy to follow guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to setup and troubleshoot your email program, with personalised screenshots providing visual examples to follow. Should you get stuck along the way, our support team are on hand to assist you.View guides
Do you have a suggestion on how we can make our service or product offering even better? Let us know by completing our simple Suggestion Box form.View form
Our award winning proprietary control panel empowers customers to manage their hosting environment.Take the tour
The konsoleH Restore Backup tool provides you with access to restore files and databases with ease. Backups are kept for up to 2 weeks with incremental backups processed daily.
To restore a backup of your site content:
- Browse to konsoleH (http://myaccount.hetzner.co.za)
- Login with your Customer number or email address and Management password
- Select or search for your domain name in the ‘Hosting Service’ tab
- Select ‘Manage Services’ from the left-hand menu
- Select ‘Restore Backup’ under ‘Services’
- Select ‘Files’ or ‘MySQL databases’
- If you are restoring a database, select the database you would like to restore.
- Choose the time stamp of the backup.
- If you are restoring files:
- Choose between ‘Restore all files from the public_html directory’ or ‘Restore individual files / directories’.
- If selecting individual files, a search box will appear with a list of the files available to restore. Select one and continue to the next step.
- Choose how the files should be restored by selecting either ‘Create a new directory for the restored files’ or ‘Restore files in the original directory and overwrite/delete existing files’.
- Click on ‘Restore’. The duration of the restore process is dependent on the file size. Remain on this page until the restore is complete.
- Once the restore is complete a new message will appear on screen with information regarding where the restored file(s) can be found.
- Our backups are intended for emergency situations. You should not rely on our backups as the only copy of your content. When restoring a backup, should you opt to replace a current file, folder or database, it is important to note that you will lose any new information created after the time of the backup.
- Keeping restored content in your folders will affect your disk usage, we recommend removing additional files once you have completed the necessary updates.
Should you experience difficulty while using this tool, please be aware that:
- You may not find a particular backup listed in the available revisions as a backup may have failed to complete.
- Why Should I store a separate copy of my website backups off-site?
- Why doesn’t Hetzner guarantee backups?
- What steps should a customer take to prevent data loss?
- What is Hetzner’s Backup service?
- What Backup service do you offer to TruServ™ customers?
- How long does Hetzner keep backups?
- How do I restore a backup of my site content / database?
- How do I move my CMS based website to another domain on a Hetzner server?
Was this information helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback
We are delighted to find that our article resolved your query.
Thank you for your feedback
We will resolve your query as soon as possible.
Please take a few moments to comment on your unresolved query. Simply tell us what your problem is. We guarantee that we'll get back to you within two hours (during office hours) in response to your query.