Search our Help Centre
Example: How do I setup my email account
Email this articleClose
Network Notices on Twitter
Stay up-to-date with the latest Network Notices. Follow HetznerSA Notices on TwitterFollow @HetznerNotices
Planned Maintenance: Preparation for Debian upgrade (Managed Hosting servers)
Point of Impact: Managed Shared and Dedicated servers whose customers received email communication on 30 July 2015.
Email Setup Guides
These easy to follow guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to setup and troubleshoot your email program, with personalised screenshots providing visual examples to follow. Should you get stuck along the way, our support team are on hand to assist you.View guides
Do you have a suggestion on how we can make our service or product offering even better? Let us know by completing our simple Suggestion Box form.View form
Our award winning proprietary control panel empowers customers to manage their hosting environment.Take the tour
Which alternative SMTP email sending servers can I use?
Hetzner clients have the option of sending email via their Internet Service Provider’s SMTP servers as an alternative to their Hetzner hosted server.
Below is a list of know Internet Service Provider SMTP servers. Should you be unsure on which server to make use of, please contact your ISP for assistance:
- Telkom ADSL - smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net or mail.saix.net or smtp.saix.net
- MWEB ADSL - smtp.mweb.co.za or smtp.mweb.net
- Vodacom 3G- smtp.vodacom.co.za or smtp.vodamail.co.za
- MTN 3G - mail.mtn.co.za or smtp.mtn.co.za
- Cell C - mail.cmobile.co.za
- iBurst - smtp.iburst.co.za
- Internet Solutions (IS) - smtp.isdsl.net
- Neotel - smtp.neomail.co.za or smtp.neotel.co.za
- @lantic - smtp.lantic.net
- The above servers usually operate without username and password authentication and are accessible on the default SMTP port (25).
- Should you make use of your ISP’s SMTP server, Hetzner will not be able to track mails sent via these servers and you will need to contact the respective ISP for assistance in this regard.
- How do I disable or enable local mail delivery for my domain?
- Why is konsoleH prompting for a strong password when I create or update a mailbox password?
- Which alternative SMTP email sending servers can I use?
- What settings can I change with 'Manage Mailbox' in Webmail?
- What is the maximum email message size?
- What is local mail delivery?
- What is email forwarding and how can I use it?
- What is an email Auto Responder?
- What is an email alias?
- What is a secure password and how do I ensure that I am using a strong password?
Was this information helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback
We are delighted to find that our article resolved your query.
Thank you for your feedback
We will resolve your query as soon as possible.
Please take a few moments to comment on your unresolved query. Simply tell us what your problem is. We guarantee that we'll get back to you within two hours (during office hours) in response to your query.