Search our Help Centre
Example: How do I setup my email account
Email this articleClose
What is Linux Install?
Email Setup Guides
These easy to follow guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to setup and troubleshoot your email program, with personalised screenshots providing visual examples to follow. Should you get stuck along the way, our support team are on hand to assist you.View guides
Do you have a suggestion on how we can make our service or product offering even better? Let us know by completing our simple Suggestion Box form.View form
Our award winning proprietary control panel empowers customers to manage their hosting environment.Take the tour
The Linux Install allows you to remotely install a new Linux Operating System (OS) to your hard drive without using the OS installation CD/DVD. This saves you from having to request the use of a LARA and can therefore be used at any time. Where the Rescue System only allows you to install (via “installimage”) a prebuilt OS image, the Linux Install tool allows you to install and configure the full OS from start to finish as if you have the installation CD/DVD in the server.
- You will need to have a VNC client installed on your local machine in order to operate Linux Install.
- The VNC based installation tool is currently only made available for CentOS.
- You’re able to access and use the regular graphical installation via a VNC client, giving you total freedom to install and configure your system to meet your unique set of requirements.
Please follow these steps to activate and use the Linux Install tool:
- Browse to konsoleH (http://myaccount.hetzner.co.za)
- Login with your Customer number or email address and Management password
- Select or search for your Truserv™ server in the ‘Hosting Service’ tab
- Select ‘Manage Services’ from the left-hand menu.
- Select ‘Linux Install’
- Choose the corresponding OS and architecture for your server.
- Click ‘Activate’ in the top right hand corner.
- A randomly generated password will be given to you access the Linux Install. (Copy the password immediately).
- Reboot your server within 5 minutes to enter the Linux Install mode. The Linux Install will automatically deactivate after 5 minutes if you have not rebooted.
- Open the VNC client on your local machine and connect to the IP address provided.
- Use the password provided to connect to the VNC Installation.
- Follow the installation steps and reboot your server as instructed in the final step.
- Will I lose data if I use ‘installimage’ or Linux Install?
- Who is the author of the ‘installimage’ script? Can I use it freely?
- Which Operating Systems can be installed using ‘installimage’?
- What Linux packages are available on the Linux Rescue System? Can I install additional packages?
- What is Wake-on-Lan (WOL)?
- What is the vKVM System?
- What is the Remote Reboot tool and how do I use it?
- What is the Linux Rescue system?
- What is the difference between vKVM and the Linux Rescue System?
- What is the difference between ‘installimage’ and Linux Install?
Was this information helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback
We are delighted to find that our article resolved your query.
Thank you for your feedback
We will resolve your query as soon as possible.
Please take a few moments to comment on your unresolved query. Simply tell us what your problem is. We guarantee that we'll get back to you within two hours (during office hours) in response to your query.