Search our Help Centre
Example: How do I setup my email account
Email this articleClose
How can I view my email?
Email Setup Guides
These easy to follow guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to setup and troubleshoot your email program, with personalised screenshots providing visual examples to follow. Should you get stuck along the way, our support team are on hand to assist you.View guides
Do you have a suggestion on how we can make our service or product offering even better? Let us know by completing our simple Suggestion Box form.View form
Our award winning proprietary control panel empowers customers to manage their hosting environment.Take the tour
Before you proceed with the below instruction, it is assumed that you have already created an email account on the server, under your domain.
There are two ways that you can view your email:
- POP / SMTP email requires that you install and configure your own email program (client software) and download your email directly to your own computer.
- WebMail allows you to compose, reply to and manage your email from any Internet-connected computer via a web browser by logging in at: (http://myaccount.hetzner.co.za.)
Basic email configuration settings: (where ‘your-domain.com’ is the name of your registered domain with Hetzner)
- Incoming POP Server: pop.your-domain.com (port 110)
- Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.your-domain.com (port 587)
- Username: (full email address of the mailbox you wish to access)
- Password: (email password associated with the above username)
If SMTP authentication is not catered for by your email program, please use the SMTP server details provided by your Internet Service Provider instead. (eg. smtp.your-isp.co.za).
View the Email Setup Guides section for detailed instructions with visuals on how to setup your email account using a specific email client software eg. Outlook.
- It is recommended that you use your ISP’s SMTP server to send email from. If you cannot or do not wish to use your ISP’s SMTP servers, you may use smtp.your-domain.com (where your-domain.com is the name of your registered domain with Hetzner).
- Hetzner uses ‘SMTP Authentication’ to identify legitimate clients and allow them to send email through their servers, while preventing spammers from abusing the mail servers.
- The same username and password used to retrieve email (POP3) applies to outgoing (SMTP) mail authentication.
- Some email programs can check POP3 as well as other types of mailboxes (eg. IMAP). If your program asks you which type of mailbox you are using, select the option for POP3 email, which is usually the default setting on most email programs.
- Why am I receiving non-related bounce messages in my mailbox?
- Why am I receiving duplicate emails?
- What server information should I use for my email client?
- What are the the known browser or device compatibility issues with the current webmail service?
- I have a large number of emails and its affecting my webmail speed, how do I delete them?
- How do I view the 'headers' of an email?
- How do I view my Mail Logs in konsoleH?
- How do I access WebMail?
- How can I view my email?
Was this information helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback
We are delighted to find that our article resolved your query.
Thank you for your feedback
We will resolve your query as soon as possible.
Please take a few moments to comment on your unresolved query. Simply tell us what your problem is. We guarantee that we'll get back to you within two hours (during office hours) in response to your query.